Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

Matryoshka Tilda

It's time for a new challenge at Bunny Zoe's Crafts and our challenge this month is Stitching :)

I often use my sewing machine on cards now, I think it adds a little "something".  So I decided to challenge myself a bit more and add a little hand embroidery to it too.
I embroidered little roses onto the web ribbon simply by doing a french knot and a straight stitch for the stem and I was pretty happy with how it turned out :)


Matryoshka Tilda, Magnolia, tilda lace, sweet pea kaisercraft, opulent ovals, pierced oval stax


Isn't this stamp cute?  It's a new Magnolia stamp called Matryoshka Tilda.  I think I might just have to buy, a special little someone, one of these dolls to go with the card now :)

Ingredients :

Stamps : Matryoshka Tilda (Magnolia)
Card : x-press it, crumb cake, Sweet pea (Kaisercraft)
Ink : memento black, antique linen and walnut stain distress ink
Other : big shot, Tilda Lace (Magnolia), opulent ovals (SB), Pierced oval stax (MFT), lt pink web ribbon, flat backed pearls, Tea Thyme button (Prima), linen thread, embroidery floss, copics

copics used :
YG 91, 93, 95
R 20, 30, 81, 83, 85
E 000, 00, 50, 53, 55
W 1, 3
BG 0000, 000, 09, 10, 72, 75


Hopefully you can add some stitching to a card, in some form or other, and join in with the Bunny Zoe Challenge this month.

Thanks for dropping by for a look today :)

Kathy

2 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty Kathy, I love your colouring of sweet Tilda and those little roses are fabulous. Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kathy! This is just amazing. The embroidery is a lovely touch!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!