Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Granda

Hi :)  I have another scrapbook page for Mystical Scrapbooks to share today.

I decided to scrap a photo of my daughter with her Granda and tried to do a bit of a mash-up of all the challenges from the Harmony Day Cyber Crop.

For Gypsy's Challenge to use a pattern from another culture, I drew the border at the bottom of the photo.  It is meant to resemble a Celtic Knot type of pattern, it is a very simple one, but it turned out quite effective anyway I think.
My Dad was Irish and so I thought that would be appropriate.
His Grandkids called him Granda, because that's what he called his Grandfather in Ireland and he wanted to continue the tradition.
So I had Granda as the title and it "kind of" fits Donna's challenge to use a non-english word.  It isn't the word most Australians use for Grandfather anyway and is from another culture, it is mainly an Irish thing I believe, although I guess technically it's still an English word.
And finally my challenge to use orange.  There is a bit of it on the page and my daughter is wearing orange again :)

So I haven't checked with Donna to see if she thinks I've used her challenge correctly and there's not heaps of orange, but I do believe I've used elements of all 3 challenges here :)


The paper is from the Free Spirit collection by Cocoa Vanilla and is called Eclectic.  One side of it is this beautiful typed sentiment and on the other are journal cards and other goodies which is where the "this was -" piece was from.  The heart, you and me, star, banner and those were the days, are all from the Free Spirit - Die Cut Ephemera pack.  I also used one of the Free Spirit Little Hearts.

The title was made using the Pink Paislee Hey Kid - Elements Stickers.

There are still a few days left to take part in one of the challenges, I hope you'll join us :)

Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!