Pages

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

New Best Friend Cat

I've had a lot of fun colouring and creating with the fabulous MFT set New Best Friend for Anna's Craft Cupboard :)

This time I've used the adorable girl and cat image.
Aren't they so sweet!!!






I decided to do some paper piecing on this card.

Well to be honest, I only "decided" to do it because I made a mistake.
I had used copics to colour the girl and the cat and I was very happy with it except that I hated how her dress looked so I decided to try to "fix" it :)

By paper piecing the dress, it meant that I really needed to think of this project as a little paper tole really. 
I had to colour and cut out certain areas of the stamp again to position them correctly.
Her arm is on top of the dress and then the sleeve on top of that and the cats head and paws are cut out and are above the other arm, for example.
There are raised areas as in a paper tole, except that I stuck the pieces down flat with glue rather than raising them up. 

Usually when I paper piece, it's with a much simpler image than this one. 
This was a little tricky, but I love how it turned out and all that fussy cutting was worth it I think :)




I also used the beautiful Vintage Girl - Tiny Prints Collection Pack by Photoplay again.
I really love these papers!
Even the sentiment is cut from one of the sheets in the pack.


Sometimes a mistake can actually lead to something better than what you first envisaged.
I hope you have fun crafting this week and embrace your mistakes :)

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges :
Love to Scrap challenge - anything goes
Penny Black and More challenge - Something New
Tuesday Throwdown - Layer it up
Word Art Wednesday - Anything goes with a sentiment

Thanks for dropping by today :)

Kathy

4 comments:

  1. A super creation for our 'Something New' theme at Penny Black and More challenge, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design and beautifully executed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really sweet card, thanks so much for joining us at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!